On Tue 10 June 2003 15:32, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> >The system is dedicated for writing...
> >
> >Both the writer and media are 52x capable, but when cdrecord
> > displays progress it only comes up to 25x. All the drives have
> > UDMA enabled and each has it's own IDE bus (two on-board and
> > one Promise add-on IDE bus for the disk).
> >
> >Below is the error I get...
> >
> > Thanks, D.
> >
> >scsidev: '0,0,0'
> >scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
> >Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
> >/usr/bin/cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport
> > code version = ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c=091.75= 02/10/21 Copyright 1997 J.
> > Schilling').
> >Cdrecord 2.0 (i686-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 J=F6rg
> > Schilling TOC Type: 1 =3D CD-ROM
> >Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
> >atapi: 1
>
> You are using an illegal version of cdrecord.
>
> This version is not working corrrectly because it has been
> modified by SuSE.
>
> (see GPL § 2 subclause c) and GPL Preamble,  subsection 6)

Before I submit a report to SuSE about this, it seems that it's
libscg that they patched, not cdrecord itself, correct? If they use
the original cdrecord with a modified libscg (presumably to match
their modified kernel) and libscg doesn't normall print anything
(because it's a library) then technically this is still legal.

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key