[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Hi, > > > It seems that I have been cicked out from this list by Debian. > > Indeed ?! > That would be a very unwise and critic-worthy move.
I did re-subscribe about an hour ago. > To the public: > > I am Joerg Schilling's user, i am his imitator, i am his competitor. > And look: here are two CD-germans who can still talk politely to > each other. It is not impossible. > > Currently i want to believe in some accidental misunderstanding. > (Nevertheless this letter goes as copy to Joerg directly.) > > > > If you like to help me testing, please check the latest > > cdrtools-2.01.01a13 > > ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/cdrtools-2.01.01a13.tar.bz2 > > Well, compiling cdrecord on SuSE 9.0 is a bit cumbersome ... What kind of problems do you have? I did just learn that there are some problems compiling star on Linux because Linux seem to miss important include files that are needed for basic features like ACLs & file flags. > > completely reritten command line parsing and with the new find(1) features. > > ... but that should indeed be tested. > > You could help me with that - and help my users - > by providing a Linux binary as portable as cdrecord-ProDVD > was. (How do you make that thing run on SuSE 9.0 and > on SuSE 7.2 ? I need to compile static to achieve this. > libc problems.) I would need to look for my Suse-9.x HDD again.... > I would have wishes towards mkisofs, but they are a bit exotic. > > Number 1: > A pathspec which allows to graft in the output of a > program run. Defining target name in ISO image, maximum size, > even RockRidge attributes, and the program command line. > The size of output should be padded or truncated by mkisofs > to fit the announced size. Except for the size, a lot of this is possible with mkisofs -find > This i would use to chop oversized files (>650 MB, >=2 GB) > without the need for buffering the parts on disk. > (I will be able to tell exact sizes in advance.) I don't understand. > This feature would also allow very interesting stunts like > file-by-file compression and/or encryption in a plain > ISO tree. There is a non-standard (Linux only) RR extension in mkisofs for compression and it my be that we will support this in future on Solaris. However, correct hard link handling and File size > 4 GB would be more important. > Number 2: > Copy the attributes of implicitely given directories into > the RockRidge extensions (and/or Joliet). My problem is with > a pathspec like this one (option -R is set): > /pics/animals=/home/user/pics/animals > > I get exactly copied the rwx-permissions of "animals". > But its boss directory "pics" in the ISO image gets default > permissions. Please check the recent mkisofs first.... Jörg -- EMail:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin [EMAIL PROTECTED] (uni) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/ URL: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/ ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

