Hi,

Andy Polyakov wrote:
> The real problem is that we don't
> know how TDMA is used exactly

To be heretic:

Did anybody see Defect Management work with
any type of media (MRW, DVD-RAM, BD-RE, BD-R)
in a way that is not worse than a plain bad block ?

My experience is with DVD-RAM and there the
answer is no.
If defects are frequent then you have to fear
that some show up later after the burn. All in
all you cannot trust such a media anyway.

On the level of an ISO 9660 filesystem i believe
that a software solution could in many cases be
the better one:
- write session quick and dirty
- compare files on disk and in session
- in case of errors write an add-on session
  which replaces the damaged files.

As for Matt's idea with the scratch demo:
I have DVDs which look like an ice stadium
and they work perfectly. Others have no scratch
and they failed to verify after one or two burns.

One can hardly drill holes without endangering the
drive. But how about a few dots with a black felt
tip marker ?
Tell me how it worked out ... when it finally works.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas