Hi,

i read Rob W's mail to Joerg:

> This LG drive (and Memorex media) works using Power2Go on Windows,
> but I need to use the drive to archive data on my solaris sparc
> machines.

So forget my challenge to the drive seller.

Is the CentOS x86 machine a different one
than the Windows machine ?

Ok, need to reconsider:

There is no hard reason why a drive and a
particular media should work with Windows
and not with Solaris or Linux.
I am quite sure that NeroLinux was tested
with BD-R.
I can write BD-R via a LG BD-RE GGW-H20L
on Linux.
NeroLinux reported a write error with no
error indication from the drive.

Can it be that not the drive is ill but the
transport ?
Out of suspicion for now are the machines
(2 different ones failing).
But what about the USB cable and the USB
controller of the drive ?

Does it help to unplug and replug the cable
at both ends ?

Is the success with Windows really reproducible
in several attempts ?
(I once hunted a bug with DVD-RW where cdrecord
 seemed to work ok, and libburn seemed to fail.
 After eight attempts, cdrecord began to fail
 and libburn began to show successes. Shrug.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas