Hi there, I'm just getting started with cegcc so these may be newbie
questions.  I first of all wanted to start by saying
thank you for your efforts to put this together.  this is very impressive.
we are porting existing linux middleware and this is an ideal solution for
us.  Without which
we would be forced into a painstaking, time-consuming and costly effort to
convert to Win32 API

I understand the minimal philosophy of newlib.  As I see it there is
something like

glibc     - large (desktop) functionality
uclibc    - medium functionality for embedded platform
newlib    - minimal functionality for embedded platform

Along these lines, I checked newlib/posix and it has a nice complement of
basic fileio, stat, etc.
But I wondered about posix threads.  we have a few, not too complex, but
some posix threads and semaphores.

Did you have any plans to introduce posix thread support?  If not should we
plan to make our own support for it?

Best regards,
/steverino2