On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 17:30 -0400, pps wrote:
> The problem I'm getting is that I can't build for iwmmxt cpu. I tried
> -mcpu=iwmmxt -march-iwmmxt -mabi=wmmxt etc, but nothing works.

I've never tried that. What's a iwmmxt cpu ? (What does it do different
from the basic ARM we're compiling for?)

> Then I checked source code why I'm getting this error and it seems that
> it's impossible to build iwmmxt with cegcc for the following reason:

I'll have to dig deep to try and find the cause (and maybe the
solution). From the top of my head, I believe this was last changed by
Pedro after careful examination of what to do to get floating point
parameter passing to work right.

> while updating I noticed this:
[..]
> This looks like it is the cause of the DLL issue.
> ----
> Modified : /trunk/cegcc/src/gcc-4.4.0/ChangeLog.ce
> Modified : /trunk/cegcc/src/gcc-4.4.0/gcc/config/i386/mingw32ce.h
>

> What's that DLL issue?

Don't confuse the config/arm and config/i386 directories. When porting
cegcc to the i386 family (think about embedded devices, not phones or
pdas, running "windows embedded ce", almost but not entirely the same
thing as "windows mobile") I encountered an issue with DLLs not working.

This turned out to be an error in the port : I was not getting gcc to
generate the right instructions for ld. That commit fixed the issue.

So this is not an ARM issue, and it's unrelated to the problems you
mention.

Do you still have the DLL issue you describe with the gcc-4.4 based
toolchain ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info