Hello,

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:04:43 +0100
Vincent Richomme <foru...@smartmobili.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You should discuss with mingw-w64 folks and especially with Kai Tietz
> because
> he was interested in including mingw32ce inside their repository.
> It would be great to do so because some features that have been
> included into
> mingw-w64 could be backported to cegcc (SEH exceptions, unicode
> startup).
> I already added some files their and you should have a look.

I tried to look at what mingw-w64 uses for w32api (did they fork it?
do they maintain upstream connection?), but among first google hits I
found discussion of licensing quality concerns with mingw-w64 headers,
and I didn't look further.

Can you give some hints regarding what you added where - I'm pretty
overloaded with information, so that's helpful.

I'm so far concentrating on w32api, because that's IMHO the most
lacking part of cegcc now - out of 2 (native) apps I tried, none built
OOB, and one required heavy header patching.

But exception handling was my next concern, because if SEH isn't
supported, cegcc can't replace proprietary compiler, and I still don't
have clear picture regarding that in cegcc, though presense of
*sjlj*.dll somehow hints... OTOH, that thread which I refer to (around
http://lists-archives.org/mingw-users/18900-yet-another-mingwrt-w32api-provenance-discussion.html
 )
mentioned that w64 does use sjlj, while original mingw dwarf2 EH...

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmis...@gmail.com