It might also be worth looking into what the folks over at
http://www.biomodels.net/ are up to. Given they seem to have curation
built into their repository and maybe some other features worth looking
into?

And if we're going to be starting from scratch, there might be some
value into seeing how the biomodels repository could be extended to
support CellML?

When you start seeing comments like "BioModels Database ranked first
data resource for Systems Biology" in Nature Biotechnology, it might be
a hint that they're doing something right and we should maybe be working
with them rather than independently.

David.

Tommy Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written down some of my thoughts on how the model repository could be
> put together.
>
> http://www.cellml.org/Members/tommy/repository_redesign.html
>
> It is still a pretty rough document.  The usage example section gives a rough
> outline on what I see people might be doing with the repository and how this
> design could address those issues, which I think it will be of interest to
> users.  It is not an exhaustive list, yet.
>
> I must also note the design outlined is quite a drastic departure from what
> we have now (it will be yet another new repository).  However, it is more
> true to the one envisioned before according to
> http://www.cellml.org/wiki/CellMLModelRepositories, except I have an addition
> layer that will assist in pulling content and drawing relationships between
> models.
>
> Feel free to take it apart and/or build on top of it.
>
> Cheers,
> Tommy.

David Nickerson, PhD
Research Fellow