Hi Andrew,

My vote is for DocBook  -  I used it a few years ago for a software
manual without too many issues, and the tools have matured since then.
Keep away from anything DSSSL based (including the DSSSL flavour of
DocBook), otherwise we will create a dependency on needing a Lisp expert
to sort out the stylesheets.

Another option would be to have our own simple XML markup language along
with XSLT that produces DocBook (I know nothing about CWML - is it XML
based? Can it be transformed into DocBook?)

Regards,

Dave