Hi all,

Thought I'd see what you guys and girls think of this article, and its relevance to CellML, systems biology etc.

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/16-07/pb_theory

"This is a world where massive amounts of data and applied mathematics replace every other tool that might be brought to bear. Out with every theory of human behavior, from linguistics to sociology. Forget taxonomy, ontology, and psychology. Who knows why people do what they do? The point is they do it, and we can track and measure it with unprecedented fidelity. With enough data, the numbers speak for themselves."

Some of my thoughts: when we have bioinformatics servers processing similar amounts of information to the Google servers, then we'll need to rethink how we do things. The question is, how long will that be? And is information that encodes a model more useful than information that just codes data, considering that the model can produce more information?

Kind regards,
James
begin:vcard
fn:James Lawson
n:Lawson;James
org:Auckland Bioengineering Institute;CellML Model Repository Curator, CellML Team
adr:;;University of Auckland;;;;New Zealand
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:James Lawson
url:http://www.cellml.org
version:2.1