> i really really need centerim to send notifications on some events,
> because i use xmonad and want the centerim's workspace to be
> highlighted on some events.
> i know you're going to use libnotify some time in the future. but i
> want a quick and useful hack.
> so i can patch my centerim myself, but i'd rather be happy if it will
> be accepted by centerim developers. just say if it sounds ok to you
> (and maybe other developers).
> what i want:
>
> in .centerim/external i add a new option, say flash:
> %action ..
> flash
> %exec

for simple and fast solution could be better add:

%exec
msg=`cat`
nick=$(cat "${CONTACT_INFODIR}/info" | head -n 46 | tain -n1)"
echo "$nick:$msg" >> /tmp/im-pending-msg

into .centerim/external, and write yourself bash script watching for
changes in /tmp/im-pending-msg and sending them to notify system for
example (notify-send).. in my opinion it's better than patching
sources in hurry.

btw i'm using xmonad too. it's great.

L.