Akemi Yagi wrote:

Many of you on this mailing list may still remember the longish thread
regarding the writing of a HowTo rpmbuild article.  At that time, I
quoted several forum posts to demonstrate the fact that we repeatedly
*type* the same answer each time a new person asks the same question.
This was because there wasn't really a good single point of reference
we could use and the best way of responding was to write the whole
thing out (again and again).

At lease for me, the most propelling reason for creating a new article
is to make things easier for people helping new users rather than to
expect new users to read it.

And the article/subject Ned is proposing is indeed worth writing.
With so many people switching from Fedora and other distros, we have
been having so many occasions in which we should explain what an
enterprise class OS (thus CentOS) is about.

See, you put that so much better than I did!

As Bill suggested, if the FAQ section were more comprehensive, that would work equally well.

For me, it's as much an issue of structuring the information in a way that makes it easy to find/link to as it is about merely creating the relevant content.