Ray Van Dolson wrote:
<snip>
I think the typical fix for the clock-too-fast problem is to boot your
guest OS with the clock=pit option and then use the VMware Tools time
synchronization option.

FWIW, I do this and the click still runs slightly too fast. I put this script in my cron.hourly folder and run the VMWare Tools Time Sync to fix any resulting slowness.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 2
date --set='-1 second' >/dev/null 2>&1

I do no think the VMWare Tools handles "clock to fast" only "clock too slow". There must be a better way, but I do not know it.

If the clock is running too slow is where you want to look into using
one of the 100Hz kernels.

I have found that the benefit of the VM kernel (aka 100Hz kernels) is that the load on the physical host is substantially reduced. I did not notice any timing issues/changes from this kernel.

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas