Are there any errors to console when the system hangs?

My experience running 32-bit CentOS 5.1 instances on a 64-bit CentOS 5.1 Dom0 has been marginal.  While many of the DomU's will stay up without issue, others randomly reboot having accumulated "Bad pte =" messages on console.  One notable difference between our configs is that you use file images whereas I am using LVMs.  My 64-bit DomUs seem to operate without trouble.

Frans

Dave Nash wrote:
I am trying to a install Centos 5.1 32-bit Xen HVM DomU onto a Centos 5.1 64bit DomU with the default xen installed and the kickstart hangs at random points during the install process. Sometimes retrieving the image, sometimes formatting the filesystem, sometimes installing the packages,etc.

I tried upgrading to xen 3.2 and encounter the same problem before rebuilding back to stock Centos 5.1 64-bit Xen. I am able to use our kickstarts configs to install Centos 5.1 64-bit HVM  and Centos 4.5 32-bit HVM on this machine without any problem's.

Below is  xen configuration and the Centos 5.1 32-bit kickstart Config file I have been using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide addition information if needed.

Xen DomU configuration file:

name = "prod-xen-2"
maxmem = 2048
memory = 2048
vcpus = 2
builder = "hvm"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
boot = "d"
pae = 1
acpi = 1
apic = 1

device_model = "/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm.debug"
sdl = 0
vnc = 1
vncunused = 0
vncdisplay = 1
disk = [ "file:/tmp/prod-xenl-2.img,hda,w","file:/tmp/kickstart-20080307.iso,hdc:cdrom,r" ]
vif = [ "bridge=xenbr0,type=ioemu,model=rtl8139" ]

Kickstart file:

#System  language
lang en_US
#Language modules to install
langsupport en_US en --default=en_US
#System keyboard
keyboard us
#System mouse
mouse none
#Sytem timezone
timezone America/Los_Angeles
#Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$zdTapqUj$q.NMaDmwi1CjOPiRsyILB1
#Install OS instead of upgrade
install
url --url http://10.200.250.11/kickstart/OS/centos_5_1_32/
#Clear the Master Boot Record
zerombr yes
firewall --disabled
selinux --disabled
authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5
bootloader --location=mbr --append="nofb"
network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0
logging --host=prod-utility-1.sea2.jobster.us --port=514 --level=info
skipx
reboot

#Partition clearing information
clearpart --all