Axel Thimm wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 08:03:39AM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I have not installed the madwifi specific kernel stuff (kdml and hal-kdml) from atrpms. I have installed with wpa rpms.

And my Atheros card is working with almost no work on my part (other than runing wpa_supplicant as a deamon).

Nice!

But how is that supposed to work? Perhaps you don't have an atheros
chipset at all? If you have an atheros chipset then you will need
madwifi/dadwifi and hal/openhal to use it.
Oh, it is definitely the Atheros chipset. Given to me by my friends at Atheros at one of the 802.11 meetings over a year ago....

I was supprised/shocked. I was watching the boot and saw an attempt to aquire an IP address for wifi0. Gee, I had not configured my wireless card at all. Why did Kudzu discover the card, I had never installed the madwifi kernel drivers. Yeah, I DID install the WPA and wireless tools (wpa_supplicant, wpa_cli, wpa_dui, iwconfig, wlanconfig, etc) but not the madwifi-kmdl or madwifi-hal-kdml. So what is going on?

All I had to do was to get the wpasupplicant running as a deamon, reading my wpasupplicant.conf file (with the PSK for my network), and I was Associated. Then grab a dhcp lease and off I went wirelessly.

Is there any tool to analyse the kernel to see if the madwifi drivers are in the sauce?