Robert - elists wrote:

Ummmmm, bottom line is we are trying to stream the audio/video of live
teaching sessions

Nothing fancy really...

Only real prob I am having is short breaks or frame drops in audio here and
there and trying to determine if it is in the sound system or what...

Bottom line is the majority of people on the receiving side are on windows
boxes (not my choice) with their media player or other media player options.

Still think this is correct direction?

If you are streaming to a large number of users in the same location, you might try videolan client (vlc), which in spite of the name has some server capabilities, using a multicast stream. It works cross-platform.

--
  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]