[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a CentOS server at home and want to view the X display on a laptop
running Ubuntu, and not having much success.

Here's what's been tried so far:

I ran this command on the CentOS server:

export DISPLAY=192.168.0.18:0.0

And ran this command on the Ubuntu laptop:

xauth +192.168.0.2

When I try to run, say, xclock on the Ubuntu laptop, this is the error message
I'm getting:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# xclock
Error: Can't open display: 192.168.0.18:0.0

I'm assuming there's an important little detail I'm missing somewhere, but
don't know what.

Any suggestions?

Paul

Hi

Are you using ssh for the connection if so ssh -X should tunnel X for you. You may need to check the sshd.conf on the server you are connecting to has X11Forwarding yes