do you think replacing ram will solve our problem ?
how can I make sure it is the ram ?

Lance Davis wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Centos wrote:

The ECC errors only happens when I am transferring data from other storage to this one that we get error.
it only happens when it is writing data to it.

Well that is when it is detected ...

As I said ECC RAM errors are concerned with an error in storage - not an error in transmission.

Regards
Lance

Lance Davis wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Centos wrote:

> was wondering if it is safe to use the device, until we receive RAM.
> that device is our main storage.
> > does data retransmit when ECC errors happen.
> I don't want to have data corruption.

You are not talking about data transission - but storage

If two or more bit errors occur then ECC is not able to correct them and
you are likely to get data corruption.

Regards
Lance