On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Christopher Chan wrote:

 ext3 again takes the slowest performing title overall as expected...in
 fact it appears not much as changed fs vs fs wise since Bruce Guenter's
 tests. But I am surprised at the overall performance regressions in
 comparison to 2.6.5/6 kernels with regards to deliveries vs amount of
 writers. Heitor, you are using a 3ware 95xx or 96xx with BBU write cache
 and write caching on right? How much RAM do you have for your cache? How
 is your raid10 configured? I cannot believe a four disk raid0 array can
 beat a software raid mirror of scsi disks as used by Bruce Guenter.

that last sentence should have been 'cannot beat'

I can believe it. Linux SW RAID is _VERY_ fast. The advantage of 3ware HW RAID is in its convienence and robustness when Bad Things (tm) happen, not its performance, in my experience.

--
Benjamin Franz

"It is moronic to predict without first establishing an error rate
 for a prediction and keeping track of one’s past record of accuracy."
                    -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Fooled By Randomness