Axel Thimm wrote:

So repotags was a small issue which failed on EPEL's
non-cooperation. I don't see why more important issues would ever have
a better faith, and I lost a lot of momentum in this fake
discussion. The bottom point is that EPEL just wanted to enter the
repo world of RHEL/CentOS and friends w/o caring about what existed
there, and placing any compatibilty burden on others' shoulders.

I thought that, originally, EPEL was supposed to be "Fedora Extras for RHEL"? If that's the case, compatibility would naturally be an issue, something that they need to add on top of the simple translation from Fedora to RHEL. I can definitely see why they would be reluctant to do that.

OTOH, yes, it would be so nice if all repos would be 100% compatible with each other. :-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/