On 03/01/2008, at 9:55 AM, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

Take a look at iSCSI for the storage servers. iSCSI Enterprise Target is what I use here and it works well for us.

You don't really need shared filesystems if you are doing direct block io to LVs or raw partitions as the Xen migration will handle the hand-off, but you will if you are using flat files, because of this I recommend using LVs or raw partitions as clustered filesystems will put a serious overhead on the Xen guest io.

-Ross

Ross,

I can use DRBD to mirror data between the two storage servers and iSCSI to export the block devices, but how will iSCSI cope with failure of one storage server?

Can I use heartbeat and CRM to failover the host IP and iSCSI target to the other storage server?

Regards,
Tom