[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 05:58:35PM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
Fabian Arrotin wrote:
<snip>
Ok... I finally got everything installed, however when ever I run the client and establish a connection, the moment any data begins to pass back and forth the entire system locks up tight and requires a hardboot to clear things up.

I wonder since this laptop is an Athlon X2 (x86_64) based system is it possible that mixing i386 and x86_64 packages could make the system unstable?
Yep : the mppe module is unstable on x86_64 (but it's stable on i386) : see the bug report : http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2076
btw.. thank you very much for the info directing me to your repo. emmensely helpful.

You're welcome .. :-)

Fabian Arrotin

Ah well... since it's the only thing that isn't working and everything else works so awesomely (not sure that's even a word) I'm not going to complain, but will work on a solution...

Overall it feels REAL good to get back into a RedHat (CentOS) system. OpenSUSE 10.3 is nice and all, but it ain't CentOS!

Mark