Hi Darren,

Any reason you cant use virtualisation and / or thin client kind of action?

If for instance you have a linux hypervisor installed on each machine
you could kick up a virtual machine with the required environment.
dirty up the image and then replace the image with a clean centos /
windows whenever you need it.

Cheers,

Andrew