nate wrote:

But what's the point, when the installer knows how to deal with images
directly and if you want a package later you'll probably let yum get a
current version from the repositories anyway?

Actually I almost never use yum. Thought about it on occasion, RPMS
are installed via cfengine so I can ensure all of the versions are
the same on all systems.

I've never had any particular problem with this, but I usually start with disk image copies of an initial setup, followed by subsequent yum updates. I haven't had any surprises from the Centos repositories.

--
  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]