On 2015-04-14 11:44, Eero Volotinen wrote:

http://serverfault.com/a/655752/24406

If that is accurate, the documentation, and the clustering / load
balancing might tilt the balance in the direction of strongSwan.

Well, both packages can do ipsec to cisco asa without any problems.

I have this one case where the other end of the connection wants to use some specific encryption parameters (specific versions of AES and SHA). I need to make sure that whatever software I use, is capable of providing that. Better documentation will certainly help.

And of course, a more actively supported project, with a good security track record, is very important.

All these are factors in choosing between Openswan / Libreswan / strongSwan.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/