On 04/24/15 06:07, E.B. wrote:
I'm sure most people here know about Dash in Debian. Have there
been discussions about providing a more efficient shell in Centos
for use with heavily invoked non-interactive scripts?

With sh being a link to bash in Centos I don't know if it would
explode if the link was changed to something else, but at least
the scripts we made on our own that run certain services could
be changed and tested manually to another shell.

Are there other people who have experience in this and can
provide interesting guidance?

Why go to that extreme if you tell a script on line 1 which shell to run it will do so.
#!/bin/dash
or what ever shell you want it to run in. I always do that to make sure that the script runs as expected, if you leave it out the script will run in whatever environment it currently is in.

Pete

--
If money can fix it, it's not a problem.
 -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers