Warren Young <w...@etr-usa.com> wrote:

> Yes, I realize that osh is closer to the original Bourne shell.  My point is
> that you can?t expect people to just know, without having been told, why they
> want bsh, or osh, bosh, or smake, or?
>
> Most of these tools compete with tools that are already in CentOS.  If you
> want people to use these instead, you?re not going to persuade many people
> with a tarball.

Could you explain me why people did write gmake even though smake did exist 5
years eralier already?

> > The CDDL does not annoy people, this is just a fairy tale from some OSS
> > enemies.
>
> The following irritates me, I am a ?people,? and I am not an OSS enemy:
>
>   http://zfsonlinux.org/faq.html#WhatAboutTheLicensingIssue

This is of course completely wrong.

I recommend you to read the GPL book from the Lawyers from Harald Welte.
They explain why a filesystem is not a derived work of the Linux kernel.

This of course in special true for ZFS as ZFS was not written for Linux and
works without Linux already.

http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/usr/schilling    ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily