On 06/22/2015 05:45 PM, Bill Maltby (C4B) wrote:
On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 17:22 -0400, ken wrote:
<snip>
True, I didn't mention that the manual's gone missing.  But I thought
that fact would be obvious and not in need of explaining.

This may be silly too, but is the manual availble on-line, say as a PDF?

That may be your slvation?

HTH,
Bill

I've downloaded and searched and read (the parts on the EWS) from four (4) PDFs, all specifically for the 8620, and didn't find any mention of a default password for the EWS. Obviously I searched separately after "ews", "password", and "admin"... but zilch. It would be weird if the one doc containing that info didn't make it onto the web, but I suppose anything is possible. Or perhaps I just haven't found the PDF of that one doc yet. (HP's site only has three docs, akaik.)