On 07/30/15 19:56, Always Learning wrote:

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 14:27 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:

The reality is all the bad practices happen because this
quickly provisioned machine is forgotten about for one reason or
another, and then it gets owned.

Linux users take a lot more care, and pride, in maintaining their
systems well and reading the daily logs too. Most increase security on
their machines. They have no wish to lose their work, their time and
effort investment and their increased Linux-enabled productivity.

Not always. I bet you are. But I support a big group of scientists, and when choosing Linux for laptop they usually pick Ubintu. Guess why? Because all just works, no need to invest (waste actually) their precious time into fiddling with the system. They can just do their science. I don't intend to blame anybody for what or how they do. I just would like everybody to realize the reality.

Valeri

If you want to offer advice and save the world from spam, viruses,
Trojans and other crap, please join a Windoze forum and make your
positive contribution there ;-)

Thanks,

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator