On 11/18/2015 08:07 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
Can anyone provide (or give pointers to) a good recipe for doing this?

One of the things I'm working on right now is moving toward a single standard partition layout for all systems, with RAID or without. The reason I want to do that is that it'll allow me to script the replacement of a failed drive, both so that I don't fat-finger it and so that our on-call staff can reasonably expect to replace a drive.

In order to do that, I set up GPT on all drives, regardless of whether they are used in BIOS systems or UEFI. On BIOS systems, the first partition is a bios_boot partition, and on UEFI, it's an EFI system partition. The next partition is a small slice for RAID1 /boot. The last partition is a member of whatever RAID level is appropriate for the system.

There are a couple of limiting factors on that. First, Anaconda won't create a large partition for bios_boot. Second, even in kickstart, Anaconda will reorder partitions. So, I can't use Anaconda to create partitions and achieve a uniform layout.

I use this kickstart file for initial setup:
http://home.dragonsdawn.net/kickstart/centos7

And this script to replace drives:
http://home.dragonsdawn.net/kickstart/add-raid-member

I still haven't decided how I'm going to handle EFI system partitions in the replacement script and otherwise, so this system is incomplete. But if people want to take a look and comment, I'd be interested in discussion.