nate wrote:
Personally I'd go with OpenBSD with pf. It's real easy to use,
much more powerful than IP Tables, and, well just better.
I've been running OpenBSD firewalls for a few years now, before
that my favorite was FreeBSD with ipfw(before bridging was common
in linux). All of my BSD firewalls are bridging firewalls.

The most annoying thing about OpenBSD is the partitioning setup
during installation....

you might check out pfSense, which is a hybrid of freebsd kernel with the openbsd pf stuff, and a nice web gui for managing it. can run on very minimal hardware, booting from a tiny flashcard