> On Dec 10, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Leon Fauster <leonfaus...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Am 10.12.2015 um 16:16 schrieb Noam Bernstein <noam.bernst...@nrl.navy.mil>:
>> I guess this is really a RedHat, not CentOS question, but I’m hoping that
>> someone here will be familiar enough with the upstream policy to have some
>> useful information.
>>
>> How does RedHat decide which versions to release patches for, e.g.
>> https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7613
>> <https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7613> which has only a RH7
>> erratum, not 6?  And are they likely to eventually release a fix for this
>> type of issue for RH6?
>
> Generally defined by the production phases:
> https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
>
> It explains not all but at least the big picture …

That’s useful, thanks.

It does seem to indicate that RH6 is still in production 1, with security and
bug fix errata being released.  So does that mean that I can expect RH to
eventually release a fix for this CVE, but they just haven’t gotten around to
it yet?

Noam

Noam Bernstein
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
Naval Research Laboratory Code 6390

noam.bernst...@nrl.navy.mil
phone: 202 404 8628