On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:09, reynie...@gmail.com <reynierpm@...> wrote:

I am working in a Dockerfile but there is a "secure" MariaDB server script
I need to run which is interactive and I don't know how to deal with this.

Basically this is the flow I have follow on the script at test environment
and is the same I want to achieve in the Dockerfile without user
interaction by just answering as you seen on the flow below:

   # /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation
[snip]

So I need to write a bash script or something else that could handle this
automatically but has not idea, how would you take care of this?

You have a urgend need to re-invent the wheel, no?

Have a look at the offical mariab image Dockerfile,
be aware that it was written with debian:latest as base:

 https://github.com/docker-library/mariadb/blob/master/Dockerfile.template

or, be even more clever and look at the centos/mariadb image:

 https://hub.docker.com/r/centos/mariadb/
 https://github.com/CentOS/CentOS-Dockerfiles/tree/master/mariadb/centos7

I hope this gives you some pointers to avoid wasting time,
but, each to their own, find your pesonal way.

Have a nice weekend.
 - Yamaban.