On 4/13/2016 7:42 PM, Philip V wrote:
lspci gives
08:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (rev c4)

1. How do I get this working?  I am happy to work with command line tools.

2. Are there other packages I need? I installed wireless-tools, and
tried to fiddle with iwconfig and NetworkManager to no avail. iwconfig
does seem to interact with the wifi device.

3. Is there documentation I should be following to
understand/troubleshoot networking support?
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless  does not document the
iwlwifi driver.

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi

suggests you might need to get a firmware tarball for that card, and copy the appropriate iwlwifi-*.ucode file to /lib/firmware or something.