On 4/26/2016 6:45 PM, Jack Bailey wrote:

Today someone in a meeting claimed the Bourne shell is deprecated, one of the reasons being it supposedly has security issues. Well that's all news to me, and I cannot find anything online to corroborate the claim. Is this true, is it a bash vs. Bourne FUD, or something else?

there's no Bourne shell in CentOS anyways, /bin/sh is a symlink to /bin/bash...

last OS I can think of with an actual Bourne shell was Solaris.