On 2/22/2017 5:51 PM, Anthony K wrote:

However, I was trying to compare my system with the OP's and noticed that I have a directory with >2TB of used capacity in a folder sized ~36kb - a 56793929:1. In the OP's situation, he has a directory with ~2.8MB of used capacity in a folder sized ~2MB - a 1:1 ratio. That's the part I'm confused about.

Without knowing what the OP's file system but assuming he too is using EXT4, what would the directory be storing that's so different from mine?

a bajillion small files vs a few large ones. worse, if you've created a bajillion files in a directory, the directory grows, even if you delete them, the directory doesn't shrink, at least with the ext? file systems.