On 08/03/17 10:15, John Hodrien wrote:
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017, Giles Coochey wrote:

The truth is a lot of us run servers that don't need to have their network
"managed" by Networkmanager.

You're opting to have your network managed by a bunch of unloved legacy
scripts that you're advised to avoid using unless necessary, or you've having it managed by NetworkManager. If you want to have it managing it this way,
you'll be writing your own scripts.

We just need to set an IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS servers and we will never be changing that configuration ever again for the entire life of the server. Any 3-4 line script that does the job is sufficient, servers don't need gimmicks, they're not going to be hotspotting on wireless networks, the cable goes in, the server enters production and that's it!

By 3-4 line script, I assume you mean the content of all the files in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts that aren't your ifcfg files?

ifconfig enp0s25 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.0.254 enp0s25
echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf
echo nameserver 8.8.4.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey
+44 (0) 7584 634 135