On 09/19/17 11:58, Richard wrote:

Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:53:24 -0400
From: Pete Geenhuizen <p...@geenhuizen.net>

On 09/19/17 11:44, m.r...@5-cent.us wrote:
Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
I upgraded from 7.3 to 7.4 over the weekend.  Everything went
well except that I can't login because the screen is black with a
cursor.

If reboot boot the 7.3 kernel 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 kernel
everything works just fine, so my guess is that there's a kernel
issue with the hardware, specifically the Skylake processor.

Video, not the CPU, unless the CPU's also doing video.

      mark, fighting 7.4 and two users who need the 304 NVidia
      drivers

Agreed if I was using an add-on video card, however I'm just using
the no-board video.

I'm using 7.4/Mate on a Dell machine with Skylake i5-7500/Graphics
630, without any issues. I installed 7.3 then did initial updates via
CR, and then the final ones when released the other day. Had to
change my default mate theme (due to gtk2/3 issues) but otherwise all
has been fine.

Hmm I did the same thing other than the Dell and i5-7500, I didn't use CR but waited for the official release.  I wonder if I'm experiencing the same theme issue with my mate these  If that is the what should I look for to verify that gtk2/3 is the issue, or what theme are you using?

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
 -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers