Folks

I've been running lshw for years in both Centos 6 and Centos 7, yet just recently it started hanging. Neither a Control^C nor a "kill" of the process cured the hang; only a reboot.

When I run it by hand from the command line, it displays stuff on the next line overwriting it with things like PCI, USB. And USB is the last thing I see. A Control-C does not unlock it.

I am running lshw-B.02.18-7.el7.x86_64. The CPU is an Intel I7-3770K, running CentOS 7.4.1708

Is there any idea? Is there some alternate program that could list the hardware?

Thanks

David