On 10/03/2018 11:34 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
Hi list,

Did an update to firefox last night and rebooted over night.

Today I find firefox started without asking for master password - funny me thinks.

Try to log in to a web service I use and find that my password does not appear.

Check preferences and find that no master password is set and the password list / table is empty.

As I do not trust my passwords to the cloud I do not save these to my firefox profile ..... so back to manual entry for all my sites.... wow going to be a slow month as I reset scores of passwords.

Any one else have this problem and any clues as to what causes this? I am concerned if this should happen again, as I have saved passwords for many scores of web services.

Hi,

haven't had that, but restoring logins.json and key3.db in ~/.mozilla/firefox/.../ from your latest backup should do the trick.