On 12/20/2018 5:18 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
On 12/20/18 5:11 AM, lejeczek via CentOS wrote:
hi guys

I wonder if any Centosian here have done something different than only contemplated using Fedora Server, actually worked on it in test/production envs.

If here are some folks who have done it I want to ask if you deem it to be a viable option to put it on at least portion of servers stack.

Anybody?

Many thanks, L.

I run CentOS 7 but with an updated server stack, including rebuilds (sonetimes with tweaks) of Fedora packages.

Gives me a stable base with modern server software. Does take some work to get some stuff built.

This is what I end up doing on occasions as well, though I try to restrict it to isolated forward-compatible shared libraries rather than a full stack.

Unfortunately, the Fedora folks seem hell-bent on discouraging [1] cross-distro compatibility in the name of Progress, so I don't expect direct SRPM rebuilds to halt their increasing annoyance and difficulty as time goes on.

-jc

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/de...@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/HZNCOBZZFQ6GA2OKUJTII7D7QNLB3TE2/