On 12/25/18 12:33 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
I just took a look at the md devices in my raid1, and it seems pretty
weird. they were all created by the installer (Anaconda) when I first
installed C7, yet 3 of them are 1.2 and one is 1.0.

1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are the same, except for where in the volume they are located.  1.0 is at the end of the volume, which makes it compatible with software that is ignorant of md RAID (such as UEFI), so it will be used for the /boot/efi system partition. Generally, 1.2 is preferred (since the volume can be resized without affecting the metadata location) and will be used for all other volumes.