Which may very well be the case.

On 6/27/19, 10:40 AM, "CentOS on behalf of John Hodrien"
<centos-boun...@centos.org on behalf of j.h.hodr...@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

    On Thu, 27 Jun 2019, Peda, Allan (NYC-GIS) wrote:

    > I'd isolate all that RAID stuff from your OS, so the root, /boot, /usr,
/etc /tmp, /bin swap are on "normal" partition(s).  I know I'm missing some
directories, but the point is you should be able to unmount that RAID stuff to
adjust it without crippling your system.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.howtogeek.com_117435_htg-2Dexplains-2Dthe-2Dlinux-2Ddirectory-2Dstructure-2Dexplained_&d=DwICAg&c=Ftw_YSVcGmqQBvrGwAZugGylNRkk-uER0-5bY94tjsc&r=Tou2GfskafF_UnC0yPjAjEzLDhbALx-0EDoLp3_iSss&m=_fEOKVtolaFuctnKbb2skilrnugYmplo2ZBOnCTfJaU&s=Jrl6on8w8lUBauOCHAmtAZGbrlw2ieKyMVvbgNHEx4s&e=

    As long as you want none of the advantages of RAID to apply to your system
as a whole.

    jh

Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message
for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to
anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have
received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and
delete the message.  Thank you very much.