I tried moving a PosgreSQL database to an external harddisk due to lack of
space on the main harddisks. Not the ideal solution of course but it should
work. However, on CentOS 7 the external harddisk is mounted under /run/media
and the user. I copied the postgresql database directory and made sure it is
owned recursively by postgres, changed the necessary settings in both the
systemd unit and the conf file.

After that, updating the selinux contexts is required but that fails on the
external disk due to a conflict which I understand is due it is under
/run/media and the user. semanage fcontext kicked back an error message
suggesting I try setting it for /var/run/media etc instead which works but
restorecon -Rv for that directory fails to set the context which I can check
with ls -lZ.

Does anyone know how I can get around this? Is there an inherent conflict
because it is mounted under a specific user despite the postgresql directory is
owned by postgres? If so, should I mount it under eg /opt/ instead? Would that
make a difference?

Or, can I "force" a new context on the postgres directory tree some other way?

Thanks!