Hello.

Check if you still have rsyslog installed on that box.
On one of my new CentOS 8 servers, rsyslog somehow disappeared (or never was installed).
I had to install it manually.

Best regards.
Robi

Il 2020-10-28 16:09 Gary Stainburn ha scritto:
One of my boxes has stopped logging some of the things it's supposed
to.  I use rsyslog which used to send named and dhcpd entries to
separate log files.  Both named and dhcpd are working. I have shut
down the DHCPD server and run it in debug mode and the output is
produced as expected.

I have shut down rsyslog and run that in debug mode and it looks like
everything is running, but it's not receiving messages to log.

I tried

journalctl | grep -Ei 'dhcpd'|tail

and I see the log entries for the service starting up, but no entries
for DHCP transactoins happening.

My rsyslog also receives network messages from my firewall and they
are logging as expected.  This suggests to me that the problem is that
the log entries are either not being generated, or are not being
allowed to get to rsyslog.

Anyone go any ideas?

I've tried the usual first step, and briefly disabled selinux but that
made no difference

Gary