On 12/9/20 8:54 AM, Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC
(USA) via CentOS wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2020, at 9:45 AM, Johnny Hughes
> <joh...@centos.org<mailto:joh...@centos.org>> wrote:
>
> CentOS Stream is built from the currently released RHEL Source Code + 0.1
>
> So if RHEL 8.3 is released .. Stream is the Source Code (built) that
> will become 8.4 in a few months.
>
> If this statement is exactly correct, then I think a lot of the issues in
> this thread may be easy to address.  However, the question is whether it is
> really
> "That will become"
> or actually
> "That might become, if it turns out to be stable enough,"
>
> I.e., to me the critical question is how often (in practice) will updates
> that have problems, and will not actually make it into RHEL, end up in CentOS
> Stream.  Presumably all such updates will be superseded in Stream by
> corrected ones, before they're in RHEL.
>
> In fact, would it be possible, to list the final versions of each package's
> update at the moment of the RHEL release, and only do the CentOS Stream
> update based on that list?

There is one source for the source code that will be used.  While in
stream it will iterative (the push a bunch of changes today .. the build
those change today).  Those go through a CI process and get released
into stream.

When it comes time to build rhel 8.4 it will come from the same source code.
  • [CentOS]... Walter H.
    • Re:... Johnny Hughes
      • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS
        • ... Johnny Hughes
          • ... Barry Brimer
            • ... Matthew Miller
              • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS
                • ... Matthew Miller
              • ... James Szinger
                • ... Johnny Hughes
          • ... me
            • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS
              • ... Phelps, Matthew
              • ... Matthew Miller