On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Louis Lagendijk wrote:

On Wed, 2020-12-09 at 15:13 +0000, Phil Perry wrote:

If
you are able to retain kernel ABI compatibility between RHEL8 and
Stream
kernels, then we (and other OEMs) will be able to continue to
support
Stream users, otherwise Stream users will have to look to
alternative
solutions.

Phil

Maybe offering 2 kernels in stream may solve your problem? A "latest
point release" and a "rolling version"? I realize that this may cause
issues with packages that really need the new kernel features....

Perhaps using the Red Hat compatible kernel (if that's what it's still called, I haven't followed any recent naming changes) from Oracle Linux could be considered? Not that this isn't messy, but might provide what's missing?