Glad it helped!

On 3-Apr-08, at 11:47 PM, Mail Administrator wrote:

Thanks DNK,

u r absolutely right
the cat /etc/redhat-release does not reflect the version correctly
but the rpm -q centos-release does it perfectly

thnksss n really apprecite

cheers

regards

simon

I seem to remember reading a release note somewhere that the way
centos 5 worked now was that the /etc/redhat-releases would not
reflect properly (man I wish I could find the reference to that).

And that you needed to do something like:

rpm -qa centos-release

For example on one of my systems, I do:
cat /etc/redhat-release

I get:

CentOS release 5 (Final)

But I know for sure that this system is a 5.1

So When i run the:

rpm -qa centos-release

I get:

centos-release-5-1.0.el5.centos.1