On 07/04/2008, at 10:10 PM, Simon Jolle wrote:
2008/4/7, Rudi Ahlers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Joseph L. Casale wrote:
What is the closest open source mail server I can replace exchange with
that provides the nearest equivalent in user experience?

What about Zimbra or Scallix?

Both not Open Source
Scalix uses Scalix Public License (SPL) and Zimbra uses Yahoo Public
License (YPL) - both crap licenses and not OSI approved.

cheers
Simon

Open Source does not depend on the license. You've been drinking the GPL koolaid too long if you think this is the case.

Without turning this into a religious debate that I can see on the horizon, you should really read this:
                http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

Comparing the Zimbra licensing (http://www.zimbra.com/license/) to the definitions in the link above, Zimbra seems to fit the definition of Open Source...

The Scalix license (http://www.scalix.com/community/opensource/licensing.php ) may also fit the bill...

--