On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Sam Drinkard wrote:

I had clamav-milter working as well as clamd, then for some reason clamd stopped and would not create the socket. After much hair pulling, I finally tracked the problem(s) down to /etc/clamd.conf.

After enduring failed starts several times, I now just assume that the ClamAV developers have changed configuration syntax any time there's a version upgrade. I further assume that my configuration file will contain obsolete or errant directives that will prevent the upgraded clamd from starting.

There's no such thing as a hands-off ClamAV upgrade. :-/

--
Paul Heinlein <> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> http://www.madboa.com/